Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Manifesting Joel

I sat in near awe and amazement as 9, 10...12 year olds prayed fervently and passionately to God regarding such things as abortion. Some of the beliefs the children expressed were obviously taught by man, but it was the other expressions of faith that both caught me off-guard and inspired me. Some of the statements made, the prayers prayed could only be inspired and birthed by the Lord. They weren't redundant catch phrases and doctrines used by church-going evangelicals; it wasn't merely the spewing of church lingo. It was a sincere faith birthed from an evident encounter and on-going relationship with the Holy Spirit...and a pure heart of obedience that caused those declarations of faith to be spoken. It jump started my faith and increased my desire to see the young people at our church praying those prayers of faith on behalf of our nation, our president and those unborn babies. The documentary is called Jesus Camp and although it was filmed in 2006 and the complexion of America has changed dramatically since then, I believe that, He who began a good work will complete it. And what we were seeing on film in 2006 was only the tip of the iceberg. Afterall, they don't call the church the "frozen chosen" for nothing. (heh.) And if I hadn't already experienced a bit of that with children in my own family, I probably would be somewhat cynical too. But this documentary capturing a glimpse of what God can do with a simple, child-like faith only confirmed a work that was started in me and around me years ago.

In Joel 2:28-29, it says:

And it shall come to pass afterward,
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions,
And also on My menservants and on My maidservants,
I will pour out My Spirit in those days...



May I be a part of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment