Monday, May 18, 2009

Barf Bag Anyone?

Okay, so I have had a headache since about 5:00 am on Sunday. I thought I would have to leave the 10:00 am service at church to make a quick trip to the bathroom since I was so nauseated. Mal and I left immediately after serice and headed to the nearest Del Taco drive through so I could put something in my stomach (aside from the 2 Tylenol 8 Hour capsules I had taken before church). So I ordered a cheeseburger and began eating it. We hadn't gone more than a mile, before I started to get that feeling again as if I needed to throw up. There wasn't time to pull over since we were on the freeway so I just used the empty bag. Yeah, and paper isn't really very sturdy--or leak proof! When we got home, I tried to clean some of it up, but was so sick that I guess Mal had compassion on me. She courageously cleaned up after me as I went straight to my room to put on some pjs and take meds and get to bed. Eventually, I held down some toast and gatorade. Then ate normal food. I had the headache until today so I called out from work. Actually, I had been waiting for an excuse to call off from work. This week I begin my new schedule...I will close every Friday. It's not as bad as it sounds since I am the one who offered to take the late day on Friday. I don't have senority up in the front anyway.

Saturday just before prayer began Pastor Lucy told me to keep up my good attitude and know that all this training I am going to receive is free training and that promotion is coming. I just have to trust the Lord. And be ready. So we'll see...I just want to be obedient and humble.

So we watched Vicky Cristina Barcelona...I made a comment to my friend about the academy giving actors who play gays and lesbians the awards. I haven't seen Sean Penn's performance in Milk, but as far as Penelope Cruz's character in Vicky, I don't think it was all that outstanding. She wasn't any better than Scarlett Johannsen's portrayal of her character. I don't know...the initial proposal made by the lead male character should have been indicative of the content of the rest of the movie and I should have taken that as clue.....

I just saw a cute little movie called Just Like Heaven with Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo (whom I love) and I loved it. It was entertaining and the characters were all likeable.

Anyway, enough of my movie commentary...I need to get to bed before my headache comes back. Oh yeah, I took 2 Sudafeds and it went away. Next time, before swallowing so many 800 mgs of ibuprofens or tylenols, I will try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment