Thursday, October 29, 2009

Burdened

I am so burdened tonight and wonder if my recent bout with discontentment is due to a stirring up in my spirit. I am convinced that the world we live in is in the shape its in because of the carnality of God's people. Friends I gave a word to...friends I gave books to...friends I have given godly counsel to...friends I have prayed for consistently...all seem to be going the way of the world and not the way of the Lord. Not only does it sadden me, but it grieves me to the point of tears. It makes me want to cry out, "Where are the intercessors?!" as a woman did years ago at a prayer conference we hosted at our church. It makes me want to cry out, "Where are those who are willing to stand up for righteousness?!" Stand up if you dare. Am I so unequally yoked with fellow believers that I in some way pose a threat? Are we at odds with one another because of our many misinterpretations of one truth? Has our anger clouded our ability to walk by faith? And has the giant in our life (pride and self) rendered us powerless against the wiles of the enemy? It's no wonder how the enemy runs circles around us; the church is so busy running around in circles attacking itself. We fight the same battles with the same people year after year when all we need to do is pick up our weapons and point them in the direction of the real enemy. If the enemy can keep us bound up with anger, bitterness and unforgiveness towards others in the church, then we will just self destruct.

My pastor said, "The enemy plots; God plans."

Are we plotting revenge against our brothers? Or are we planning our forgiveness? Are we planning ways to bless those who curse us and spitefully use us? Are we planning a way of victory?

Joyce Meyer said, "Most Christians want enough of God to stay out of hell, but not enough to walk in victory."

It makes me wonder who I can trust to pray for me on my left or my right. Especially when I don't see any of them in prayer on Saturday mornings. Everyone wants their prayers answered and a breakthrough but nobody wants to get up early on a Saturday morning to
actually pray.

So I offer this, "Everyone wants their needs met, but nobody takes the time to meet the Need Meeter."

That takes time. And effort. And it's not the popular choice. It's not what most people would consider fun. Then again, (I'm sure), neither was dying on the cross. Yet He did it anyway. And not to lay a guilt trip on anyone, but He went to the cross even though we didn't pray. We didn't ask for salvation. But it just goes to show the depth of His love for us. He is always moving and working on our behalf. And to be completely honest, we needed Him to. He knows what we have need of before we even ask--and especially if we dont ask.

And knowing that truth, I will persevere in prayer for those who choose not to ask for themselves. For those who are maybe afraid to ask. I will ask for God in some way to intervene.

No comments:

Post a Comment