Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Preserved

You have granted me life and lovingkindness; and Your care has preseved my spirit. Job 10:12


The other day, my pastor and others 'confirmed me in my ministry' when they prayed for me. In the prayer, one of the pastors used the word preserved. Specifically, that God has preserved me and spared me. And that the enemy desired to sift me. And the word, preserved really stuck out...I guess because I am feeling old and a bit lonely. My flesh side wants to go the way of the world to ease my loneliness, but my spirit knows I have no business doing what my friends do. Just the other day, while talking to a friend I realized just how different my views are compared to many around me. And I though, "Whoa Lord, is this what you meant when in Your word it says we are a peculiar people? I remember a time when an aunt asked me, "Don't you want to be normal?" It hurt my feelings then. But now, as I get older (just turned 40 yesterday) I am understanding a little more about what the Lord has called me to be and not what I necessarily wanted. I could go and do what everyone else not what God desires for my life. And I want to be EVERYthing God wants me to be. My life could be very different, but I do desire signs and wonders--not parties and friends.

So my flesh sometimes has a little trouble getting behind my spirit on this, but it's catching on.

No comments:

Post a Comment