Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New Job?

Yes, it seems that there is a change about to take place in my life and it's about to take another turn. I've been trying to process what all this means, in my head since I got the call from Yoly at Enki Admininstrative Office yesterday. My life, it seems is so full of interruptions and the only quiet time I get is before the throne of God.

So yesterday, sometime around 4:30 she called to thank me for interviewing and went on to say what a srtong candidate I was, but unfortunately it wasn't I who was selected. She said, 'they felt they chose the best candidate for the position.' Um, thanks...? How do I thank someone for, in a round-about-way, saying that I was number two? (Or possibly even number 3?) My boss, as well as the clinic manager couldn't believe I didn't get it. And most of my co-workers seemed shocked that I wasn't given the position. (Some, like Elaine and Jen were almost ecstatic that I didn't get it and would remain at Covina by either exclaiming, 'See, I knew God wouldn't take you away from me.' Or simply by giving me a huge hug.) The news of not being given the position isn't what I was freaked out about. About 20 minutes prior to receiving the call from Yoly yesterday, I asked my boss what would happen if in 6 months, I wasn't able to get certified in the departments. She quietly informed me that I would move down to a level 1 (I'm currently, until Friday, anyway, a level 5)...a demotion. I told my boss I would quit before I went back to a level 1. It's hard not to be disappointed, but evidently that wasn't the job that God wanted for me and He has something else in store. If that means I have to take a pay cut, then, so be it. He promised to supply all my needs. And I do trust Him. I kind of hope the girl from El Monte got it because I heard she was quite devastated when the news of the HR/FA positions at all sites being eliminated came out. I pray the Lord meets her needs too.

So I have a new hire on Friday-my last. So many things will change after Friday...I'll have to take down m beach pictures from the blue wall in my office and put them into storage sinc ei wont be getting my own office, but sharing one with three others. It's similar to the feeling I felt when packing up and leaving my apartment; like saying goodbye to an old friend. (And that is never fun.) I'll have to stay late at least one night and coordinate lunch schedules with the other girls.... Part of me wonders if maybe I didn't get too comfortable where I was and maybe I took for granted all the freedoms I had. I don't know if the Lord wants me to learn thankfulness again or what. Whatever the lesson, may I learn it quickly. And may the Lord continue to use me where I am...obviously He's got something else for me to do there.


No comments:

Post a Comment