Monday, May 11, 2009

Sad Day

I remained in my office today, not having to go up to the front desk, but rather work on an all-day project for my boss with other co-workers (I'm glad I have a huge desk.)

There were moments when I felt somewhat sad: when Suzanne came in and made a "light-hearted" comment about me making less money. I confided in her, not so she could throw it in my face, but because I trusted her. (I guess we have to be careful who we trust...casting pearls before swine?) My other sad moment came when my friend from Corporate called to ask me a question. She asked how I was and I said I was fine and that God is in control. She concurred and then she went on musing as to the reason behind her call. She then blurted out, "Oh, it was Eloysa, not you." (I wanted to say, yes, Eloysa got the position and I didn't. I'm number 2 and she is number 1. While I didn't say that, it was a bit awkward and there was a noticeable silence between us.) She apologized for calling me in error, but I don't think she really meant for the comment to come out the way it did--nor did she realize it had. Then another friend Yvette made a comment, "Man, they're just stripping you of everything" in regards to me not being able to cover the management meeting due to the confidentiality of it. Yeah, I feel as though I'm going backwards.

But God knows. And I trust. He said He knows the plans He has for me and that is to bless me and prosper me. And I choose to believe His word and not what my circumstances show. It's only a matter of time.

And I had another person come into my office to confirm that I am witnessing through my everday life at ENKI and that she believes we are all called there for a reason. I was blessed by her words, just as I was last week by another who said I'd be blessed. Both could see not only that I have a good attitude but that the peace of God is evident. And that's what I want all to see in me; through me. I'm thankful the Lord sent someone to bless my day. It lifted some of the sadness. Who knows what's in store for me tomorrow because I think the paperwork if finally being done regarding my transition out of the HR/FA position. It's back to grunt work now I suppose. Things could always be worse, but I am glad I have the Lord's favor.

I got an email from a friend asking for prayer for her mom who has been diagnosed with kidney cancer and her father in law who may have prostate cancer. God is on the move. Signs and wonders will follow me. I believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment