Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Attacked?

Cracking and crashing and pounding metal startled me out of my pre-slumber. ( I wasn't quite asleep, but I wasn't fully alert either.) As I stood to my feet, I could hear what sounded as if our house was being attacked--or like a hammer being pounded against the heater just outside my door. I slowly approached and opened the door to the heater and felt for water drops. Then I made my way through the dark to the kitchen where the entire kitchen was lit up with the lightning from outside as the thunder shook my insides. Again, I was startled. There was more pounding and it wasn't until the next morning that I realized it was hail and not rain.

I was supposed to go walking today after work with my cousin but it was drizzling. I went to have sushi instead. And I ate way too much. (Would've been healthier to turn my stress and anxiety to walking.)

No comments:

Post a Comment