Thursday, January 29, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday I kind of got into an argument with a couple of friends from work. Both had been nit picking and my tolerance was low. I was joked about for being, "prim and proper" and when I corrected them and got sarcastic, I was said to be, "such a bit**." It finally ended with me telling one friend to stop instigating and the other one to just shut her mouth. They both got up and walked out of the kitchen. I haven't exactly been feeling happy-go-lucky lately. This, among other things just kind of were the last straw. I shed a few tears as I stared into my monitor. A co-worker came in to see this and began encouraging me with scripture. I know the truth, but hurt is hurt and the only way to get over it sometimes is to go through it. Besides, I'm not ashamed to cry. It's not a sign of weakness; more like a sign of surrender. And I have to do it everyday. Otherwise, I begin to get hard-hearted. And if I am that, all friendship will disappear. And I'm already not sure how stable the ones I have are. Nothing, I've learned is forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment