Sunday, August 23, 2009

In the Midst of A Migraine

I'm sitting here trying to decide whether or not to just get up and go wash my car and run the errands I need to or to simply take 2 more Advil and fall back into bed. I've been laying here since after church and lunch, not sleeping but trying to get rid of this headache. I don't want to waste the end of my vacation/weekend, though it has been busy.

Here's a rundown of the past two weeks:

I went to see 500 Days of Summer which wasn't as good as people are saying. Good soundtrack though. And the lead male is cute. And 12.

I went to Redondo Beach and had a great time. It was so relaxing and I was able to let go of the stress of work. I did get into the water, but mostly relaxed with my mp3.

I went to Knotts Berry Farm and lost my voice from screaming on the rides. I got on silver bullet and pny express. Bother were great. And I saw Shaq there with his kid in Camp Snoopy. He said hi and smiled at me. I took a pic of him (actually his head) while he was sitting and waiting for his kid to get off a ride, but didn't have the heart to take another one while he was walking by me and holding his kid. It felt so invasive that all I could do was say hi. Thats when he smiled and said hi.

I went for a mile hike up in the canyon which was fun. It brought back so many memories of my dad and the times he took me up there as a child. He was still my daddy then. I miss fishing. I miss him! It only made me want to go camping and fishing.

I fell down the stairs at work earlier in the week and my butt was a bit sore from the rides at knotts and the hike. And I was really bummed that I didn't make my last potluck with my unit because I thought I was going to the Holocaust Museum (which is only open from 11-2). Even though I am not close friends with all of them and the ones I am close to I will no doubt spend time with again...I feel as though I missed out and that made me sad that I missed it.

We had a weenie roast last Saturday...which I had a veggie patty at because I've been fasting meat and sweets. And no smores for me either, but I don't like them anyway.

Yesterday, we had our second annual family reunion and it was a long day. In a few months, we'll be preparing for next year's.

The next big event is probably the Walk for Life at Azusa Pacific.

Tomorrow I go back to work...I am looking forward to it since I only have 3 more days at the Covina site. On Tuesday and Thursday, I will go work at the El Monte site. Friday is everyone's last day at Covina. I imagine it will be emotional.
I dare not get in too deep here since my head is hurting. But there is so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment